BENEFICIARY SELECTION PROCESS
In 2013, GRGR/West will fund six new beneficiaries in the following forms:
TIER 1 GRANTS – LOCAL LARGE ORGANIZATIONS:
Each year a large community or health organization is selected for a two-year unrestricted grant. A large organization is one having a budget of more than $1,000,000. Each of the two large organizations (one selected this year and one selected in the prior year) receives 35% of the funds raised after payment of the four $10,000 grants described below.
TIER 2 GRANTS – LOCAL SMALL ORGANIZATIONS:
Each year a small community or health organization is selected for a two-year unrestricted grant. A small organization is one having a budget of less than $1,000,000. Each of the two small organizations (one selected this year and one selected in the prior year) receives 15% of the funds raised after payment of the four $10,000 grants described below.
TIER 3 GRANTS – LOCAL:
Two local community, health, or advocacy organizations each receive a one-time unrestricted $10,000 grant.
TIER 4 GRANTS – NATIONAL LGBT ADVOCACY:
Two national organizations advocating for LGBT rights each receive a one-time unrestricted $10,000 grant.
GRGR/West REAL BAD XXV Beneficiaries
This year, GRGR/West will select beneficiaries in the following categories:
- 1 Tier 1 Grant - Local Large Organization
- 1 Tier 2 Grant - Local Small Organization
- 2 Tier 3 Grants - Local
- 2 Tier 4 Grants - National LGBT Advocacy
Dates and Deadlines:
- Application submission deadline: Monday, May 6, 2013
- Notification of finalists: Monday, May 20, 2013
- 20-minute oral presentation to REAL BAD Working Group: Saturday, June 15, 2013 (Tier 1 & 2 only)
- Host online voting on $10,000 grants: June 10 to 30, 2013
- Host Margarita Kick-Off Party: Sunday, July 21, 2013
- REAL BAD XXV: Sunday, September 29, 2013
- REAL BAD XXV Beneficiary Check Presentation: Thursday, November 7, 2013
More Information and Questions
Beneficiary Selection Process
Please refer to the Beneficiary Application process document for details on the application process.
Questions regarding this application process are welcomed and should be directed (preferably via email) to:
REAL BAD XXV Beneficiary Chair